HART Leads First Statewide Safety & Security Symposium
Transit agencies and safety experts from across the country are gathering in Tampa to discuss transit safety & security
TAMPA, FLA. – The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) is gathering national safety experts and transit peers from across the country for the first statewide Transit Safety & Security Symposium on Monday, July 29, 2019.
The Transit Safety & Security Symposium will take place at the Tampa River Center at Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park from 10 AM – 3 PM.
The event is designed to develop solutions to improve operator and customer safety on public transportation with topics ranging from Transit Worker Altercations to Hazard and Threat Identification and Analysis.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Hon. Fentrice Driskell, Representative from the 63rd District, State of Florida
- Hon. Jane Castor, Mayor, City of Tampa
- Polly Hanson, Director of Security & Emergency Management, American Public Transportation Association
- Ashley Porter, State Transit Safety Manager, Florida Department of Transportation
- Benjamin T. Limmer, Chief Executive Officer, HART
- Eric Muntan, Chief, Office Safety & Security, Miami-Dade Transit (Keynote)
- Curtis Howard, International Vice President, Amalgamated Transit Union
- Lisa Darnall, Vice President, Chief Transportation Officer, Jacksonville Transit Authority
- Ivan Mote, Chief Safety Officer, Jacksonville Transit Authority
- Kevin Gaddis, Deputy Chief Patrol Ops Bureau, Washington Metro Area Transit Authority
- Stephen Berry, Deputy Director, Transit Safety and Workforce Development Program, Center for Urban Transportation Research
- Jafari Bowden, Safety Officer, Central Florida Regional Transit Authority (LYNX)
- Ed Watt, International Director of Special Projects, Amalgamated Transit Union
- Gilbert Morales, Transit Operations Chief, Palm Tran
- Richard McKinney, Senior Manager of Safety, Training & Compliance, Palm Tran
- Jim Egbert, Transportation Operations Chief, Manatee County Area Transit
- James Dougherty, Senior Safety & Security Consultant, K & J Consulting
- Jean Claude Aurel, CEO Transit Safety & Security Solutions
- Robert Carter, Chief Security Officer, Transit Safety & Security Solutions
“HART is proud to assemble national safety experts and our transit peers together to develop real-world safety and security solutions for our industry,” said Benjamin Limmer, HART CEO. “We made a commitment to our employees, customers and community that we would be bring together our elected officials and transit industry leaders to to discuss innovative approaches to keeping the transit community safe and we are proud to deliver on that promise.”
Vendors will also be demonstrating the latest in transit safety and security technology. Arrow Global will be providing a demonstration of the safety barrier that will soon be installed on HART buses.